Madhukasavam is an Ayurvedic medicine in liquid form. It is nourishing in nature.
Madhukasavam uses: It is used in the treatment of chronic disease induced emaciation, tiredness, malabsorbtion diseases and skin diseases.
- Grahani – Malabsorption disorder, IBS
- Deepana – improves digestion strength
- Bruhmana – improves nourishment, causes weight gain
- Pittaraktanut – useful in bleeding disorders such as nasal bleeding, menorrhagia,
- Shosha – emaciation
- Kushta – skin diseases
- Kilasa – a type of leucoderma
- Prameha – urinary tract disorders, diabetes
Madhukasav dose: 12 – 24 ml once or twice daily after food or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
- Madhuka – Madhuca longifolia – 12.288 kg
- Vidanga – Embelia ribes – 6.144 kg
- Chitraka – Plumbago zeylanica – 3.072 kg
- Purified Bhallataka – Semecarpus anacardium – 3.072 kg
- Manjishta – Rubia cordifolia – 384 g
Coarse powder of these ingredients are added with 36.864 ml of water. Boiled and reduced to 12.288 ml, Filtered. Thus Kashayam is prepared. It is added with the following ingredients –
Honey – 1.53 kg
Cardamom, Lotus stalk Agaru, Sandalwood (in sufficient quantity).
Method of preparation:
All these ingredients are taken in the vessel and kept closed for one month. By a month time, the sugar in honey undergoes fermentation. Thus obtained liquid is filtered to get Madhukasavam.